Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Where's Robin Leach When You Need Him?

Sure, I'm neither Rich nor Famous...but Robin Leach could still do me a solid and help me give a Christmas tour of my home. Alas, I'm on my own...so much for "champagne wishes and caviar dreams". I've completed all of our holiday decorating and figured I would give you guys a sneak peek. While I would love to invite you all over for a drink, that could get a little creepy, seeing as this is the Internet and all. So go ahead and make yourself a hot toddy, then come back to the computer and scroll through these pictures while imagining some delightful banter between us. 

Ahh, I see you've found your way to my front door...you likey? Luckily these poinsettias don't need to last for more than a month because I don't plan on watering them.

  As you make your way through the foyer you will notice that big fake tree. Yep, I'm a fake tree fan. Here's why: My dog, Britney Spears, loves to urinate on nature. Any sort of nature. If there is the tiniest of leaf on the sidewalk, she pees. Why tempt fate? 

The stockings were hung by the chimney weird indent in wall with care.

Please, follow me this way to our living room. Don't worry about going upstairs, it's just a man cave...lame. A craft cave would have been way cooler.

Sit down for a moment and take note of this awesome pillow I got from Pier One. What's better than a Christmas pillow? A Christmas pillow that I sewed Jingle Bells on. You have to add flair to your uniform people.

Now this next picture is a decorating tip I like to call "Put sh*t in sh*t". Try and follow me here...take stuff, and put it in other stuff. Note the bells in the vase, bows and figurines in apothecary jars, and berries in a candle holder. Ta da, you're festive!

Oh, and ornaments in a lantern...that's part of that whole theory also.

This has been Frugal Musing's edition of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous/Parade of Homes/MTV Cribs minus all the luster and celebrity. Pssh, who wants to see all of that anyways when you can see my $40 Jim Shore figurines.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I am the first to comment. This was freaking funny. Love the flair comment. Your blog is great, I enjoy reading it. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would get the 'flair' reference!! Glad it did not go unnoticed!!

      Delete
  2. Hahahah put sh*t in sh*t. So true.

    ReplyDelete