Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Mailbox Swag

Think about all the hard work your poor little mailbox does. It gets stuffed full of magazines, bills, credit card applications, and every once in a while a free sample. But what do YOU do for your mailbox? Well, you could dress it up for Christmas! I mean really, we dress up our pets and our houses...why shouldn't our mailboxes have some swag?!

For this craft I went to Jo-Ann Fabric and picked up a plain green swag (it's actually called that) and a couple berry picks. From there I just chose the mid point of the swag and bent the branches opposite ways to depict that mid point. Next I just wrapped the stick part of the berry picks in the middle and draped them down spreading them out along the way.
Super Simple So Far (please read that with a lisp..it makes it a lot more fun!)
Next you need to make a big puffy ribbon for the top. Loop the ribbon around itself A LOT and then cut slits in the middle. I used green wire to attach to the swag and then puffed it out the loops to make my bow.
That's it! You're done! Set that bad boy on top of your mailbox and call it a day. In fact, I got a compliment on mine from my neighbor today...to which I smugly replied "oh thanks, I made that" and then strutted back inside only to find that my ego would no longer fit through the door.




2 comments:

  1. I love reading these. I will probably make this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Yay, thanks! Definitely post a pic of the final product on the facebook page if you do! I'd love to see it.

      Delete