Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY Thanksgiving Vases

After clearing out all of my Halloween decorations yesterday my house was barren and needed a new Fall makeover. I don't have much in the way of Thanksgiving decorations so it gave me an excuse (as if I needed one) to go to Michaels today to peruse for some ideas.  My initial thought of using wheat was quickly squashed due to the fact that they only had one stalk of it in. What else is fall-like? Leaves!
Luckily I was able to get these fake leaves for 70% off because everyone knows that Fall is over and it's on to Christmas decor now.....

I could probably stop there and just shove the leaves in the vase and call it a day, but then how would I fill my Saturday afternoon?!

My next mission was to write THANKS (for Thanksgiving...get it? No? Whatever) on the vases (2 letters per vase). Now if you're like me, you have Monet Ideas and Toddler Talent. You certainly cannot expect me to just free hand these letters on the vases with some paint. Fake it to make it by printing out the letters in your desired font and size, then simply taping them to the inside of the vases and tracing the letters with a paint pen on the outside.

From there the hard work is done. Wipe that sweat off your brow, treat yourself to a brownie, and put your feet up...you've earned it. Stick the stems in the vases and throw them somewhere in your house and everyone will think you're a domestic genius. (Or at least you'll think of yourself as one)


(My Front Foyer Table)



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great idea! I would've never thought of printing out letters, taping them and then tracing over them to get the perfect letters!! It's genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Pinterest worthy!!! Love it!!! Wish I had a foyer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on Pinterest and I definitely squeal with joy inside each time it gets re-pinned.

      Delete