Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Fatties Take on Crossfit

Since college I have had a hard time finding a workout regimen that kept my interest. Scratch that, I've had a hard time even finding my way into a gym. In fact, I was a member of a gym for 15 months and the only time I stepped foot in that gym was the day I signed up. At least my wallet lost some weight, right?

In June my husband suggested we try Crossfit. To say I was reluctant would be a gross understatement. I think I may have even tried to cry my way out of it on the way to the box the first day.

Now I'm not going to lie to you...I struggle every day. I am not a runner. There's too much time to think while running...'Why am I doing this, it sucks' and my favorite 'I could probably walk faster than I'm running right now...let's try that'. As if that wasn't enough, one day, while running I happened to notice my shadow running beside me and I realized...I look ridiculous when I run. Seriously, like Big Foot trying to escape approaching Squatch Hunters.
(Actual picture of me running)
I also struggle with being the anchor of many workouts. I don't like being in last place, and I often am. Everyone is always stating their lofty goals before the WOD - "I'm going to finish this in 14 minutes", or "I'm going to get at least 10 rounds in"...but let's be honest, my goal is to simply not stop at Taco Bell afterwards.

I hate burpees, I hate pushups, I scared of box jumps...but inexplicably I look forward to going to Crossfit every day. If you haven't tried it, you should. Drink the Kool-Aid people! Now if only I could get a personal chef to cook healthy food for me every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment