Friday, November 22, 2013

DIY Christmas Glitter Reindeer Decoration

I gave myself a crafting boner with this one...
(translate as: I'm ecstatic with the outcome)

Yes, I know...it's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm already on my second Christmas craft. I'm a part of the problem not the solution. I've learned to deal with it though.

This craft was SUPER easy. If you are able to draw a reindeer, it will be that much easier for you. I, on the other hand, cannot. So as usual, I turned to Google to search for 'reindeer head silhouette', chose the one I wanted, then saved it to my computer. From there I opened it up in GIMP (the photo editing program I use) and blew it up to 16x20 so that it would fill out my frame. The next part is the tricky part...you have to break the picture up into a grid so that you can print out the different sections on a normal 8.5x11 piece of paper. This will be different with each photo editor so here is a website where you can go to get instructions:


Once you have it printed out, just piece it back together (1), shadow in the back of the lines with a pencil (2), then trace it onto your final surface (3). Now that you have your outline just use a paintbrush to fill in the image with Mod Podge and cover it in GLITTER!! You will want to do this in sections so that you get the glitter on before the glue dries. 
You have now created the GREATEST Christmas decoration ever made!! Fair warning, my sidewalk now looks like the Yellow Brick Road from shaking off the rogue glitter outside.

Nothing says Christmas like a 16x20 GLITTER Reindeer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment