Thursday, January 9, 2014

DIY Valentines Heart Tree

This project started off as a decoration for a bridal shower I am co-hosting at my house. As I got further into the project I realized...oh wait...the shower is in February...this is totally a Valentine's Day decoration as well! Double Duty Decor...oooohh yaaaa!

The gilded branches I had from an after-Christmas sale at Michaels. However, if you are unable to find these, just go out in the yard, grab some branches off the tree, and spray paint those suckers!! 

To get the perfect heart shape, google "heart outline" and print it out in multiple sizes and use it as a pattern to trace.

Fold the piece of paper in half so you can cut two of the exact hearts at the same time. You will be gluing these two hearts together to hide the string. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.


Next I used some baker's string to make little loops and hot glued it to one of the hearts. 

Attach the identical cut heart over the string so it is sealed. Again, I used hot glue, but you could use Mod Podge, or regular glue...whatever you prefer.

You could even write cute little messages to your loved ones on these hearts before you hang them. 

Example:

I love you because you cook for me.
I love you because you do my laundry.
I love you because you buy me presents.
I love you because sex.

Doesn't that just tug at your heart strings?

No comments:

Post a Comment