Monday, January 6, 2014

30 Day Paleo Challenge

Today I started a 30 day paleo challenge with my crossfit box. What does that mean? I have no idea. Perhaps I should come up with a menu and a grocery list. Until then I will just abstain from eating. I'm sure cavemen went mornings where the couldn't find a pterodactyl to kill and eat...so abstaining is totally paleo.
I first talked myself into doing this after looking in the mirror doing a quick search and finding a sample meal plan that had the first breakfast as a veggie omelet with two slices of bacon. Then for dinner was a steak with mushrooms and asparagus. That sounds delightful! Sure I will probably have to substitute my 10 oz ribeye for a 3 oz sirloin but it still doesn't sound like too bad of a diet. (Note: this was said on day 1 before I have eaten anything...ask me again on day 30)

The worst part of it so far was getting measured prior to the challenge. My left thigh is a HALF INCH BIGGER than my right thigh!! Ugh. I'm going to have to start doing one legged squats or something. This kind of imbalance is unacceptable to me. I'm pretty sure their scale was broken when they took my weight...or maybe I broke it...either way, that scale was a dirty filthy liar that should be punished. 

I think to really immerse myself in the paleo challenge I will start wearing only loin cloths and speaking in grunts within the confines of my house. That should get me bonus points with this caveman diet...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment